Re: Nymph (long post)

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23 2:10 PM
      staehp (or somthing like that) wrote:

      > How do you plan to ballast the inboard ends? I could see just
      > wrapping lead around them to form a collar.
      >
      > Any suggestion of how to determine where they should ballance?

      This was my suggestion for you, my oars are pretty hefty at the
      inboard end already. Wrapping with lead roof flashing would certainly
      be easy, but you should cover it up so toxic lead doesn't rub off on
      you or on things. If the diameter is sufficient and you have a way to
      drill the ends, you could put it inside, but that wouldn't be easy.

      I don't know just where oars should balance.

      Certainly just removing extra bulk from the blades and shaft would
      help.