Handhelp GPS

  • David Ryan
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 23, 2001
      FBBB --

      The last electronic navigation aid I used was a loran C that my
      father had about his commercial fishing skiff in the hope that it
      might increase our odds of making it back from our occasional trips
      to the 60 mile bank of SoCal.

      I seem to remember cost about half as much as the entire boat.

      It has recently come to my attention that GPS units are actually
      affordable enough to have "just for fun."

      I'd like a unit that would be water resistant if not water proof.
      I've heard that some of them will tell you how fast you're going.
      I've seen preprogrammed maps; that seems nice, but lat and long is
      enough for me.

      So, any recommendations?

      YIBB,

      David

      CRUMBLING EMPIRE PRODUCTIONS
      134 West 26th St. 12th Floor
      New York, New York 10001
      http://www.crumblingempire.com
      (212) 247-0296
    • Brian Mathews
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 8, 2001
        I will be away on holiday 'til the end of August.

        Please unsubscribe.

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/