Port Townsend Wooden Boat Show

  • Orr, Jamie
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 16, 2001
      September 7 to 9 at Port Townsend, Washington.

      Who's going to be there from the Bolgerlist? I plan on being there on the
      Saturday at least, unless there's a weather warning in the Strait. I'll be
      taking Wayward Lass again (not showing, I'll be down at the Boat Haven, I
      expect)

      Let's set a time and place to meet again -- maybe we can get some more
      cinnamon buns! I think last time it was 10 o' clock on Saturday morning, at
      the CLC booth -- same again suit everyone?

      Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects...and maybe some new ones?

      Jamie Orr
    • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 17, 2001
        Jamie-

        I'll be there! If Craig O'D goes this year the CLC booth would be a good
        rendezvous, and 10:00 Saturday a good time.

        This year you should take Wayward Lass out sailing in the bay Saturday or
        Sunday afternoon when there are bunches of other neat boats in the water. I
        sure enjoyed putting around out there last year with my electric trolling
        motor taking pictures. If you can stay through Sunday, the final "parade"
        (it degenerates into an informal race) in the afternoon is pretty
        impressive to see from the water.

        I'm inviting some other boat nuts from down here to join us for cinnamon
        buns, so there should be some new faces.

        I'm looking forward to seeing you and Wayward Lass up there.

        --
        John <jkohnen@...>
        http://www.boat-links.com/
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 17, 2001
          Craig said some time back that he and CLC would be there -- if you're out
          there, Craig, pleae confirm. If we don't hear, maybe a backup rendezvous
          would be in order -- say 10:30 at the cinnamon bun place!

          Good to hear from you (although I never doubted you'd be there!), and also
          Jim C. Brian of Escargot fame is a maybe, so counting myself and Craig,
          that's 4 1/2 so far. (maybe=1/2) Also Alan W. lives there, so I expect
          he'll be at the show unless he breaks both legs. That's 5 1/2 now. Who
          else?

          Jamie

          I'll be there! If Craig O'D goes this year the CLC booth would be a good
          rendezvous, and 10:00 Saturday a good time.

          This year you should take Wayward Lass out sailing in the bay Saturday or
          Sunday afternoon when there are bunches of other neat boats in the water. I
          sure enjoyed putting around out there last year with my electric trolling
          motor taking pictures. If you can stay through Sunday, the final "parade"
          (it degenerates into an informal race) in the afternoon is pretty
          impressive to see from the water.

          I'm inviting some other boat nuts from down here to join us for cinnamon
          buns, so there should be some new faces.

          I'm looking forward to seeing you and Wayward Lass up there.

          On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:48:04 -0700, Jamie Orr wrote:
          > September 7 to 9 at Port Townsend, Washington.
          >
          > Who's going to be there from the Bolgerlist? I plan on being there on the
          > Saturday at least, unless there's a weather warning in the Strait. I'll
          be
          > taking Wayward Lass again (not showing, I'll be down at the Boat Haven, I
          > expect)
          >
          > Let's set a time and place to meet again -- maybe we can get some more
          > cinnamon buns! I think last time it was 10 o' clock on Saturday morning,
          at
          > the CLC booth -- same again suit everyone?
          >
          > Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects...and maybe some new ones?

          --
          John <jkohnen@...>
          http://www.boat-links.com/
          "Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb.
          "Necessity is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the truth.
          <Alfred North Whitehead>

          Bolger rules!!!
          01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

        • Jim Chamberlin RCSIS
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 17, 2001
            Jamie,

            I am long overdue for a ride in your beautiful boat. So in front of the
            entire Bolger group I am embarassing you into taking me out while at Port
            Townsend. (please)

            Jim C.

          • Derek Waters
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 17, 2001
              Hi Jamie

              The first mate (Dawn) has agreed to a weekend camping at Fort Worden, so
              that'll be two more. Cinnamon buns, you say? Hmmm.

              Cheers
              Derek
            • j.c.ewing@home.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 19, 2001
                Derek, my wife Lynne and I will be camping at Fort Worden as well.
                We're booked into site C04, arriving Friday evening. Where will you
                be?
                John

                --- In bolger@y..., "Derek Waters" <dgw@d...> wrote:
                > Hi Jamie
                >
                > The first mate (Dawn) has agreed to a weekend camping at Fort
                Worden, so
                > that'll be two more. Cinnamon buns, you say? Hmmm.
                >
                > Cheers
                > Derek
              • Wayne
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 20, 2001
                  Hello!

                  I am planning to attend the Festival, assuming that I am not too
                  knackered after backpacking part of the Wonderland Trail.

                  My main purpose is to eyeball all the small boats I can (sail in some
                  even?) and generally gather all the information and pictures possible
                  while in Port Townsend. I got distracted and forgot to reserve a
                  campsite at Fort Worden until Saturday was full. I am booked in there
                  (I hope-not confirmed yet) for Friday, Sept. 7th. Did somebody
                  mention cinnamon buns on Saturday morning? After a week of freeze-
                  dried trail food, that is too good to be true.

                  If you spot a very small very yellow Garuda tent in the forest
                  campground on Friday that will be me. Stop in for a cup of New
                  Orleans coffee and be prepared to talk small boats. I will twist arms
                  if I have to. If not, then the cinnamon bun place Saturday morning
                  for sure.

                  John, I really want to see Pickle up close. I have all of your
                  pictures her on my computer and look at them daily. Any of Iain O's
                  designs in attendance this year?

                  See ya'll at the show!

                  Wayne

                • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 22, 2001
                    Wayne-

                    What's the Wonderland Trail?

                    I'll have Pickle at Port Townsend, maybe I'll give you a ride in her.

                    We Bolgerians should try to get together for dinner someplace over the
                    weekend, as well as the cinnamon buns Saturday morning. I sure enjoyed the
                    dinners we had at Depoe Bay. Maybe Alan Woodbury knows of someplace we
                    could get into during the festival. We might have to go out of town a
                    little ways to get away from the crowd.

                    I'm looking forward to seeing you all up there.

                    On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:03:35 -0000, Wayne wrote:
                    > Hello!
                    >
                    > I am planning to attend the Festival, assuming that I am not too
                    > knackered after backpacking part of the Wonderland Trail.
                    > John, I really want to see Pickle up close. I have all of your
                    > pictures her on my computer and look at them daily. Any of Iain O's
                    > designs in attendance this year?

                    --
                    John <jkohnen@...>
                    http://www.boat-links.com/
                    A paranoid is a man who knows a little of what's going on.
                    <William Burroughs>
                  • Jim Chamberlin RCSIS
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 22, 2001
                      Dinner Saturday night sounds like a great idea.

                      Jim C.

                    • jas_orr
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
                        Good morning folks

                        This is mostly to the west coast (of North America -- do I need to add
                        that?) bolgerites. The Port Townsend show is coming up, on September
                        6-7-8. My dad and I are planning to sail over to see the sights
                        again this year -- its a good excuse for a weekend's sailing anyway.
                        We'll park Wayward Lass at the Boat Haven as usual, but might take a
                        room ashore for the convenience.

                        Who else will be there? For the last two years we've met up at the
                        CLC booth at 10:00 on the Saturday morning, so I'll be there again,
                        hoping to see the usual suspects, plus maybe some new faces.

                        Speaking of new faces, maybe I shouldn't restrict this to west
                        coasters -- I believe we'll be seeing one or two folks from further
                        afield this year, even as far as New Zealand.

                        Looking forward to it,

                        Jamie Orr
                      • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 3, 2002
                          I'll be there, and now that I've learned that the bus doesn't stop at the
                          bus stop by the boat haven in the morning, maybe I'll even be at the CLC
                          booth at 10:00. <g>

                          COD, are you going to be there this year?

                          On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:41:35 -0000, Jamie Orr wrote:
                          > Good morning folks
                          >
                          > This is mostly to the west coast (of North America -- do I need to add
                          > that?) bolgerites. The Port Townsend show is coming up, on September
                          > 6-7-8.
                          > Who else will be there? For the last two years we've met up at the
                          > CLC booth at 10:00 on the Saturday morning, so I'll be there again,
                          > hoping to see the usual suspects, plus maybe some new faces.

                          John <jkohnen@...>
                          http://www.boat-links.com/
                          I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal.
                          If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle...
                          they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for
                          them by gasoline. <Theodore Roosevelt>