Re: San Francisco Pelican

  • pvanderw@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2001
      Bolger got well into the design of a cuddy cabin, pram-bowed sailboat
      that was an enlargement of Nymph for HH Payson. He decided that the
      ergonomics were not good and the project was dropped. I don't think
      you can prove he has a problem with the Pelican hull shape.

      --- In bolger@y..., jfouser@y... wrote:
      > Wrong,no way bolger could design the pelican. What with flared sides
      > for reserve stability and safty, not Bolgeresque at all.Besides the
      > Pelican is just an inlargment of what has been around for long time
      > anyway.
      > Julian
    • Michael Surface
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2001
        Julian

        I what is your problem? It seem like you are looking to start an argument.
        I find your tone to be somewhat strange. The Pelican is an interesting boat
        that has had a long successful history. The fact that many of us on this
        list are familiar with it shows that being interested in and respecting
        Boldger's designs has if anything increases our appreciation of good design.

        Michael Surface

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
          Julian

          Take your Prozac.

          Michael Surface

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
            michael , You know nothing about me yet you pass this B.S. to me as
            if you do , I frankly think you sound like an ass hole. if you want
            to continue, lets take it off line.julian--- In bolger@y..., "Michael

            bolger@y..., "Michael
            > >Surface" <msurface@h...> wrote:
            > > > Julian
            > > >
            > > > I what is your problem? It seem like you are looking to start
            an
            > >argument.
            > > > I find your tone to be somewhat strange. The Pelican is an
            > >interesting boat
            > > > that has had a long successful history. The fact that many of
            us on
            > >this
            > > > list are familiar with it shows that being interested in and
            > >respecting
            > > > Boldger's designs has if anything increases our appreciation of
            > >good design.
            > > >
            > > > Michael Surface

          • Chuck Leinweber
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
              >if you want to continue, lets take it off line

              Please! Take it offline.

              Chuck
            • Jeff Blunck
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                I agree with Chuck, let's talk boat building! Not this gentlemen!

                I just updated my site at www.dreamwater.net/cosailor . We enjoyed a
                weekend of sailing so I posted some pictures of the lake so unfortunately I
                haven't had a chance to do a lot work on the Tennessee.

                I hope to paint the bottom (of the front half ) this week and turn it over
                to start working the cabin interior.

                Nothing fancy, in fact it think I may just go with pipe berths since they
                will swing up out of the way for storage. My guess is well sleep in the
                large cockpit more often than not. Especially if I get my side curtains
                done to keep the bugs out. The pipe berths will allow me to use the entire
                cabin for storage. They are well described in a book I bought. They look a
                lot easier to build that a plywood platform.

                Jeff