Re: [bolger] Re: Cheap and Dirty - plywood choices:

  • James Fuller
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2001
      You might check with a sign painter in your area. They use the MDO for
      signs and will probably know
      of a source.

      James Fuller

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2001
        --- In bolger@y..., "James Fuller" <james@p...> wrote:
        > You might check with a sign painter in your area. They use the MDO
        for
        > signs and will probably know
        > of a source.

        The sign painters use 3/4" MDO. I can get 3/4" MDO all over the
        place. A few places even have 1/2". No one carries anything
        thinner than that, although they will be happy to order
        a pallet-load of the stuff for me.

        Max
      • Chris Crandall
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2001
          On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 cadbury@... wrote:

          > Here is Eastern Missouri . . .
          > I would be plenty happy if I could find a source of 3/8" MDO.
          > I had located ONE yard that carried it, but they have now
          > gone out of business (probably because they stocked 3/8" MDO
          > that nobody but boat builders wanted.

          I ordered up some 3/8 MDO here in Eastern Kansas. It sucked so bad, that
          even the lumberyard guy called me up and told me "prepare to be
          disappointed". I ended up buying some 1/2" MDO, which is OK, but doesn't
          make my heart sing.

          It's on the coasts (and Texas) that good ply can had at "sensible" prices.
          Trucking costs.