Re: San Francisco Pelican

  • jfouser@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2001
      Wrong,no way bolger could design the pelican. What with flared sides
      for reserve stability and safty, not Bolgeresque at all.Besides the
      Pelican is just an inlargment of what has been around for long time
      anyway.
      Julian
    • stuart crawford
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2001
        I mean no disrespect to Julian but if Bolger hasn't designed any boats with
        flared sides, then who designed Surf, Teal,The Folding Schooner, Black
        Skimmer, Black Gauntlet 2, Rondo 2, Windfola, Dovekie, Centenial 2, Otter2,
        Wolf trap, Solution, Query, Poohsticks or The Gloucester Gull?

        Stuart Crawford.

        ----------

      • pvanderw@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2001
          Bolger got well into the design of a cuddy cabin, pram-bowed sailboat
          that was an enlargement of Nymph for HH Payson. He decided that the
          ergonomics were not good and the project was dropped. I don't think
          you can prove he has a problem with the Pelican hull shape.

          --- In bolger@y..., jfouser@y... wrote:
          > Wrong,no way bolger could design the pelican. What with flared sides
          > for reserve stability and safty, not Bolgeresque at all.Besides the
          > Pelican is just an inlargment of what has been around for long time
          > anyway.
          > Julian
        • Michael Surface
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2001
            Julian

            I what is your problem? It seem like you are looking to start an argument.
            I find your tone to be somewhat strange. The Pelican is an interesting boat
            that has had a long successful history. The fact that many of us on this
            list are familiar with it shows that being interested in and respecting
            Boldger's designs has if anything increases our appreciation of good design.

            Michael Surface

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
              michael , You know nothing about me yet you pass this B.S. to me as
              if you do , I frankly think you sound like an ass hole. if you want
              to continue, lets take it off line.julian--- In bolger@y..., "Michael

              bolger@y..., "Michael
              > >Surface" <msurface@h...> wrote:
              > > > Julian
              > > >
              > > > I what is your problem? It seem like you are looking to start
              an
              > >argument.
              > > > I find your tone to be somewhat strange. The Pelican is an
              > >interesting boat
              > > > that has had a long successful history. The fact that many of
              us on
              > >this
              > > > list are familiar with it shows that being interested in and
              > >respecting
              > > > Boldger's designs has if anything increases our appreciation of
              > >good design.
              > > >
              > > > Michael Surface

            • Chuck Leinweber
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                >if you want to continue, lets take it off line

                Please! Take it offline.

                Chuck
              • Jeff Blunck
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                  I agree with Chuck, let's talk boat building! Not this gentlemen!

                  I just updated my site at www.dreamwater.net/cosailor . We enjoyed a
                  weekend of sailing so I posted some pictures of the lake so unfortunately I
                  haven't had a chance to do a lot work on the Tennessee.

                  I hope to paint the bottom (of the front half ) this week and turn it over
                  to start working the cabin interior.

                  Nothing fancy, in fact it think I may just go with pipe berths since they
                  will swing up out of the way for storage. My guess is well sleep in the
                  large cockpit more often than not. Especially if I get my side curtains
                  done to keep the bugs out. The pipe berths will allow me to use the entire
                  cabin for storage. They are well described in a book I bought. They look a
                  lot easier to build that a plywood platform.

                  Jeff

                  > >if you want to continue, lets take it off line
                  > >
                  > Please! Take it offline.
                  >
                  > Chuck

                  > - no flogging dead horses
                  > - stay on topic and punctuate