Martha Jane "Selkie" is Launched!

  • Fritz Funk
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
      Mark and Michelle Zeiger's Martha Jane "Selkie" was launched today!
      And very successfully - its a most wonderful boat, as I can attest after
      sharing a first dinner afloat in her cockpit. I've put a page of
      preliminary launch pictures at:

      http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/Boats/MJ/Selkie.htm

      I'm sure Mark will be polishing this up and posting something about it on
      his website where he has covered the boat's construction:

      http://www.alaska.net/~mzeiger/MJ.html

      when he comes off cloud nine. Its really a great boat!

      --Fritz

      ----------------
      Fritz Funk
      Email: fritzf@...
      Phone: (H): (907)780-4261 (W):(907)465-6113
      Snail: P.O. 6017 Sunset Street, Juneau, AK 99801-9728
      My Boat Page: http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/Boats/Boats.htm
      (Current Project: Sneakeasy, a Phil Bolger Power Sharpie)
      B-24 Aircrew "Roger the Lodger": http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/B24/
    • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
        Fritz,
        What a wonderful treat for the eyes on an early Saturday
        morning!Thanks for the great pictures!Marks Martha Jane looks like a
        dreamboat in such beautiful surroundings!
        Sincerely,
        Peter Lenihan

      • pvanderw@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
          Along with general congratulations and best wishes for the Zeigers at
          the end of a major project, I add my special congrats on the color
          scheme and other decoration: a minimal amount but very bold, and
          mostly in the desireable white. I suppose that the heat/light
          characteristics of color are a more minor matter in Alaska.

          These boxy Bolger boats look their best in strong, cartoonish colors.
          They say, "Here I am. I am what I am and I'm a lot of fun."

          Peter
        • Orr, Jamie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
            Congratulations to Mark -- he's done a terrific job on her!

            Jamie Orr

[...]

            Bolger rules!!!
            - no cursing, flaming, trolling, or spamming
            - no flogging dead horses
            - add something: take "thanks!" and "ditto!" posts off-list.
            - stay on topic and punctuate
            - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts
            01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

          • mkstocks@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2 5:22 AM
              The more the merrier.