Re: Teal Plans

  • cha62759@traverse.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi Pete,

      There is really no reason to do a kick up leeboard. The leeboard is
      easy to manipulate in the shallows. Probably too complex for the
      benefit obtained. The rudder is something else. If you are sailing off
      the beach DO build the kick-up rudder. In "Boats with an Open Mind"
      see "Cartopper" page 26 for a typical Bolger kickup rudder. It's
      really pretty simple. Someone else has said it and I agree, the
      external chine logs are easy. Anything else is more work for no gain.

      Bob Chamberland