Re: Taking the plunge . . .

  • cha62759@traverse.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16 4:09 PM
      Hi King,
      "Escargot" is one of my favorites of all the homebuilt designs out in
      the universe. Of course when I first saw the design I knew that that
      man-powered propeller wasn't for me. This is not canal country like
      France or Britain which I believe the designer meant to take advantage
      of but nevertheless there are many opportunities of canal travel not
      too far from here. I opted to build my "Hawkeye" for that purpose but
      maybe "Escargot" would have been the better choice.

      "Escargot" has to be one of the most romantic manifestations of the
      homebuilders art. Best of luck with your canal "barge" if I may call
      it that. If you are in the east you should most definitely make
      yourself familiar with the Trent-Severn system of canals in Ontario,
      Canada. If you wish I will loan you my "Trent-Severn Waterway Small
      Craft Guide" or you could get your own from the Department of
      Fisheries and Oceans, Ottawa, Canada.