Re: Chebacco self steering

  • richard@spellingbusiness.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2001
      Chuck @ Duckworks has a really neat setup on his Caprice for tiller
      control.

      Basicaly, a rope goes across the stern, just above the tiller. On the
      tiller, just in front of the ropt is an eyebolt. In front of the
      eyebolt is a cleat. A short rope is attached loosly to the main rope.
      There is enough slack in the main that it can be pulled through the
      eyebolt about three inches, doubled over. The short rope pulles the
      main rope through the eye and is cleated to adjust tension. You can
      set this up so the tiller will stay where you put it, and you can
      still move it buy just giving it a shove. Very cool.

      He also had a neat setup for a auto release on the lashed down
      leeboard, but he will have to give you the details on that one.
      --- In bolger@y..., "Orr, Jamie" <jorr@b...> wrote:
      > Fraser
      >
      > Greetings from the other end of the country.
      >
      > Can you give some details on your comb -- does it work downwind?
      How
      > big/small are the teeth and how do you attach it so its not in the
      way when
      > not in use?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Jamie

      Now
      > I try to get a reef in before whitecaps start to show. In 15 kt
      wind, it
      > is overpowered with a full main. I used to keep everthing up and
      carry
      > on upwind with a 20 or 30 deg list, helm hard over.
      > Fraser & Itchy & Scratchy

      > - no flogging dead horses
      > - stay on topic and punctuate
      > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
      MA,

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/