Re: You missed it!

  • cadbury@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2001
      --- In bolger@y..., "chris" <manta@l...> wrote:
      > sorry I missed it max...I was planning to attend ( even had the boat
      > packed!) and on friday my wife came down with a terrible
      cold/flu... she
      > was running a tempature of 101 ..
      > I hope every one had fun and the winds were fair for sailing and
      boating!!!
      > Chris Flynn
      > Flynn's Folly
      > _/)
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Hey Chris!

      We was wondering were you were at!

      Oh well, things don't always work out.

      But it was GREAT! Lots 'o boats!

      Spent two nights on the AF4; in fact several
      people stayed on their boats. I did not even
      have a camp-site. Just paid the 2-buck-per-day
      ramp fee and left the truck and trailer there.

      Both mornings, I was up and underway on the
      glass-surface lake at 06:00 with coffee perking
      in the old camp kettle on the stove in the cabin
      and the sun coming up over the tree-line.

      Nights were a cool 60 degrees; days sunny
      and around 85. The "rag" boys could have used
      a little more wind, but other than that, it
      was absolutely perfect. Maybe two mosquito
      bites all weekend.

      Anyone know when the Lake Monroe meet is?
      If it is HALF as good as this one was, I don't
      want to miss is.

      Ah, but all good things must come to an
      end. Tonight it will not be the AF4 rocking me
      gently to sleep, but my wife kicking me 'cause
      I'm snoring!

      bye bye

      Max