Re: re; pirogue

  • jamesjjstumpf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2001
      I recently launched a six hour canoe with a lateen sale based on
      the aca rig. The sail worked very well but keep in mind that the
      gaff is over 11ft. long which is a little troublsome if you are
      trying to stow it while underway. The sale was fabricated out of
      ripstop nylon from the local fabric store on a houshold sewing
      machine. We used the spar dimesions from one of the aca web sites
      and layed out the sail backwards from there. Although the six hour
      canoe is not a Bolger design it is very simmilar in construction. I
      just recieved the plans for the pirogue and plan to build one in July.

      Jim

      I like the sound of