Re: DIY rails

  • pvanderw@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2001
      > Does anyone have any experience making their own safey rails and/or
      > stanchions and lifelines, other than the expensive stainless steel
      > erector sets available from marine supply stores?

      A few weeks ago, there was some discussion of home-made alternatives
      to expensive, store-bought lifelines on the discussion board
      ("Spartalk") at www.briontoss.com.

      As for stanchions, they have to be really strong. I suppose some kind
      of wooden lamination is feasible, but I have no idea whatever about
      dimensions (smaller than a 2x4?). I also have no knowledge of metal
      fabrication.

      Peter