Re: [bolger] Re: Tortoise Question

  • KF4call@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2001
      To Vince and all;
      I had noted before that in a strong wind, the boat must be balanced not
      only by moving your weight to the windward side, but also fore-and-aft as
      well. It is possible to take some solid water over te bow if crew weight is
      not moved back. However this only seems to be an issue in strong winds with
      an unreefed sail.
      Warren

      In a message dated 5/4/2001 8:56:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      vachew@... writes:

      << One thing I learned the hard way is NOT to step from the dock to the
      Tortoise forward of midship. It is quite easy to depress a corner of the
      bow below the surface and ship a few gallons of water before you have
      time to scramble aft.

      Vince Chew >>