"Wadding Into Depoe Bay"

  • pateson@colton.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      Depoe Bay festival was wonderful. Much credit to Jack Brown and his
      crew.
      A most friendly show. Only problem was everybody was having too much
      fun talking with other folks for me to put Owners/builders together
      with their boats.
      Saturday, was a beautiful weather day, but Sunday was a day at the
      Oregon Coast, so most people left early.
      Many beautiful boats there, only wish could have had another day
      to put names and faces together with boats, but with bad neck,
      was not too disappointed to leave early Sunday.
      Best event on Sunday was "Runaway Dory Roundup", which I understand is
      now going to be an anual event. Names and details I will leave out to
      protect the innocent, but for those that saw it was a lot of fun to
      watch.
      Too many nice boats to pick a "Winner", but that was much of the fun.
      "No Fee, No Prizes, No Rules" Just lots of nice boats and friendly
      people.
      I would like to thank those that helped me get my "Toad" and Folboat
      off and on our cars and out of the water.

      Stayed in the same motel as RCMP who brought down a 31'Replica
      of "Northwest Native American" Canoe. Got to talk with them some.
      They said they enjoyed the show and the friendly people.
      Said they might bring it down again to Portland to the "Rivers West
      Small Craft" boat show previously held at Oak's Park, that is this
      year going to be at Portland's East Side of the Willamette River
      Renovation. (Just hope the "City" stays out of the way and lets
      the "Regulars" run it.) Should be a nice show. Weedkend of July 28-
      29. I'm sure more on it later. Hope to see some of you there. Has
      been a "Friendly" show in the past, hope it stays that way.

      Hope anybody that did not make it to Depoe Bay this year will come
      next year. Very much fun.

      Pat Patteson
      Molalla, Oregon

      PS
      Dick Pilz, please email me at above address. Thanks