Re: [bolger] "Tightbond II" and boatbuilding?

  • R Coy
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 2:36 PM
      PL has been rcommened over tite II as it has better
      holding power.
      I have had Tite II go on me in some remodel projects,
      however, I have not used PL adhesive.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • pateson@colton.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1 4:15 PM
        The Depoe Bay Festival was wonderful. Must commend Jack Brown, and
        his folks for a very organized and well run and most "Friendly" show.
        Lots of folks and different boats there.
        Saturday was beautiful weather, but Sunday was a day at the Oregon
        coast (Lots of rain and wind), so most people left early.
        Got to see most of the boats on Saturday, but everybody was was
        having such a good time just talking to other folks, including me,
        that it was hard to find the owner of a particular boat at their
        boat. Not a bad thing, just kind of hard to connect people with boats.
        Wish Sunday would have been a little nicer, so I could have taken a
        closer look at all the boats there and talked with the owner,
        builders, but with my bad neck, I was not too much disapointied in
        leaving early.
        Highlight of Sunday was "Runaway Dory Roundup" I'll spare names and
        and details to protect the innocent, but was lots of fun.
        Too many nice boats there for me to pick a "Winner", but that was
        a lot of the fun. "No Fees, No Awards, No Rules".
        They were all great.

        I think a great time had by all, and am already looking forward to
        next year. Anybody that didn't show up should plan on comming next
        year.

        Got to stay in same motel as RCMP folks from Vancouver BC who brought
        down a 31' Replica of a "Northwest Naive American" Canoe.
        Got to talk with them some, and they seemed to enjoy the event.
        Said they were probably going to bring it to the Portland, "Eh",
        "Rivers West Small Craft" Show normally held at "Oak's Park", but
        that has been moved to Porland's new "Eastside" of the Willamette
        River improvement area. It is scheduled for weekend of July 28-29.
        More on that later I'm sure. Should be bigger and better. (Maybe,
        except "City" will be involved, so I hope that "City" will just stay
        the heck out of the way, and lets the regulars run it. It has been a
        very nice, casual show in the past, hope it stays that way.

        Great time, hope to see you all there next year and at other shows.

        Pat Patteson
        Molalla, Oregon
        pateson@...

        PS
        Dick Pilz, please contact me at above email
      • phillip_lea@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 4 10:57 AM
          My doug fir mast and yellow pine tiller are both laminated/glued with
          Tite Bond II. They are sealed with epoxy clear coat and varnish. 1
          year old, and no problems.

          Phil Lea
          Russellville, Arkansas