Fishing Schooner Sighted

  • David Ryan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      FBBB --

      The days are getting longer and warmer, the daffodils are blooming,
      and this young man's fancy turns to thoughts of... fishing.

      Last weekend I tried setting line of hooks out of the lil'winnie, but
      with no success. I soaked my fancy imported worms all night, all I
      got for my efforts was a good workout.

      Today I hoisted the foresail on the Margaret Ellen and headed out to
      the middle of the lake.

      It was a lot easier rigging the line (45 feet of clothes line with a
      dropper every six feet or so, a five pund diving weight to anchor it,
      and 15 feet of poly and a lobster buoy to mark it,) out of the
      scooner than it was out of the teal. But I'm sure if the fish will be
      any more impressed. If this doesn't work, I may have to resort to rod
      and reel.

      The low tide revealed a short coming to my anchorage. I'm going to
      have to move to deeper water so I can leave my daggerboard and rudder
      in place!

      YIBB,

      David

      CRUMBLING EMPIRE PRODUCTIONS