Re: divine inspiration

  • djost@ma.ultranet.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2001
      --- In bolger@y..., KF4call@a... wrote:
      > Wonderful...I'm going to save it so I remember the procedure.
      >
      > Any objection if I publish it to the Oldshoe builders group?...the Oldshoe
      > has a lead keed installed in a similar manner to that of Micro only it weighs
      > in at 200lbs, quite a bit lighter.
      > Regards,
      > Warren

      no problem Warren, remember that free advise only worth what you paid
      for it. At 200lbs, I would think that it would be a great deal
      easier, even if you were to try to lift the keel into a pre-formed
      pocket. But the way I did it does not involve jacking the boat way up
      in the air which is impossible in my garage due to the electric door
      closer being in the way.
      I did check with a large T square to be sure that it is not set up
      askew.

      Good Luck with your project
      David Jost
    • djost@ma.ultranet.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2001
        --- In bolger@y..., "Michael Surface" <msurface@h...> wrote:
        > David
        >
        > Remember Noah!

        Yes, I know that Noah was the first boatbuilder of noteable fame. He
        was an amateur and today could not become a licenced naval architect,
        go figure. We also know that Jesus walked on water to visit the
        fishermen. We do not know what kind of boat they were in as the
        details are sketchy, but I bet that it was similar to the clam skiff.
        (there got Bolger boats in!).

        David Jost
        "Leaving work early to epoxy"