Re: [bolger]glue

  • djost@ma.ultranet.com
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2001
      Bravo!
      This is not "old school", this is Common Sense! I have one of
      those old, no glue boats. It only leaks a little.

      David Jost

      > built for a long time before any of these glues even were thought
      of.
      > The above are the thoughts of an old man from the old school,
      where
      > you had to pound oakum between the planks to keep the water out.
      When
      > your plank spaceing had to be right because if it was too much, it
      > wouldn't swell up enough to seal, or if they were too close
      together,
      > they would swell up and pull the fasteners out.
      > Flame away, Stan Snow Goose. ;-)
    • craig o'donnell
      Message 41 of 41 , May 20, 2003
        >I'll be the Marine polyurethane is the same as the other---just
        >labed differently.

        They don't sell this anymore.

        It was actually cheaper than the home improvement sealant!

        I compared the ingredients, a little more VOC/solvent in the marine
        version, otherwise identical.

        So use the home type. Works just as well.
        --
        Craig O'Donnell
        Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

        -- Macintosh kinda guy
        Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
        ---