flexible epoxy

  • KF4call@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      I had mentioned this product earlier, but now have a brochure to give some
      additional particulars. After setting, it is said to retain 40%
      elasticity. Pettit claims that there is no shrinking upon hardening and does
      not "sag, run or shrink" and that it is 100% pure epoxy. they recommend it
      anywhere there might be some movement, for example in fastening keels and in
      the use of cored construction whre "mositure and temperature cause movement".
      they specifically recommend it for fillets, at 4 to 10 times the thickness
      of the wood. Of course, this is a characteristic of how many of us are
      building. Realize, however, that this is all from their advertising. Anyone
      think it is worth a try?
      Regards,
      Warren