Re: [bolger]Best Boat (Brick)

  • shorty@shortypen.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2001
      Having camped in my brick with my daughter, I can say living is
      possible - even though I am a big guy. Had lots of space for porta
      potti, cooler, all sorts of other gear too.

      That 4'x8'x24" really is a big space that can be made even bigger by
      cutting the bottom out of a $20 walmart tent and snapping it over top.

      David Routh
      http://www.shortypen.com/boats

    • KF4call@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 7:28 AM
        To all:
        looks like I just sent you a duplicate of Carrons letter with no added
        text, sorry about that.

        If the hatch was full width and could be fixed in the upright position, a
        dandy tent could be made by extending waterproof material out from the
        vertical hatch lid. Thus, you could have a sleeping configuration that was
        a little more "airy" and one that closed up completely for wet conditions.
        Actually, if you were sitting up under a tent, it might be possible to put a
        little camp stove on the "deck" in front of you to enable cooking in the rain.
        Regards,
        Warren

        In a message dated 3/31/2001 10:10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        StepHydro@... writes:

        << incoln,

        It says "sleeps two". Hmmm. If one is me, I'll guarantee you that It woudn't
        sleep two. I'd not get a wink in that thing curled up like a potato chip :-)
        even if I could navigate the hatch. Gotta have it flat so's I can sleep on
        my
        side :-)

        I must say that it is clever, and great for the fellow who can stand it. For
        me, a little extra boat isn't so great a encumberment as the inability to
        *live* while on it. My Scram Pram "LABOR SVGIT" is still tops with me...all
        15' of her :-)

        Cheers/Carron >>
      • darus@visi.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2 7:34 PM
          --- In bolger@y..., "Michael Surface" <msurface@h...> wrote:
          > I found the following on a site in the UK. I think anyone
          interested in or
          > having build a brick will find it interesting.
          >
          > The Dinghy Sleeper http://www.micro-sailboat.co.uk/sleeper.htm

          Yikes.
          Only Dracula could sleep comfortably in that thing.