[bolger] Re: Glue

  • Fritz Funk
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
      > I am very interested in hearing about glues and paints that are
      > effective and have low vocs.

      The Gorilla brand of foaming polyurethane touts itself as very low in
      solvents - they make a big deal of it in their advertising, e.g.
      http://www.gorillaglue.com/faq.html
      They say it is "100% solvent free" and odorless, and can be used on
      food preparation surfaces.
      Other polyurethanes have label warnings about solvents, and I think
      they are different in that regard. I've noticed some very minor odors
      with other polyurethanes (like PL), but not with Gorilla.
      My only bone of contention with Gorilla is the price!
      At any rate, I'm interested in using this stuff more around kids, so
      I'd be curious to hear if a solvent-sensitive person can handle being
      around the Gorilla brand, vs the other polyurethane brands like PL.
      That sensitivity certainly gives you an extra challenge to overcome in
      boatbuilding!

      --Fritz