[bolger] got the plywood

  • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi all - unespectedly enough, my plywood arrived yesterday preceded by a
      phone call by the expeditioner in the afternoon. Seems good stuff, even
      if not exceptionally high quality. No knots whatsoever, no voids visible
      at the edges. Total cost, including delivery into my garage, has been
      the equivalent of 520 US$ at today's rate. The total quantity is
      equivalent to 17.5 4'x8' sheets, 3/8" thick, 5 plies. Today I'll buy the
      mahogany for framing. So long, Pippo

      Dr. Giuseppe Bianco
      Centro di Geodesia Spaziale "G. Colombo"
      Agenzia Spaziale Italiana
      75100 Matera (MT), Italy
      phone: +39-0835-377209
      fax: +39-0835-339005
      e-mail: bianco@...
    • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2000
        BO>Hi all - unespectedly enough, my plywood arrived yesterday preceded by a
        BO>phone call by the expeditioner in the afternoon. Seems good stuff, even
        BO>if not exceptionally high quality. No knots whatsoever, no voids visible
        BO>at the edges. Total cost, including delivery into my garage, has been
        BO>the equivalent of 520 US$ at today's rate. The total quantity is
        BO>equivalent to 17.5 4'x8' sheets, 3/8" thick, 5 plies.

        Interesting.

        Allowing for the crashing $A against the steadily descending $US, that
        amounts to about $A 46 per sheet, about what we pay for reasonable
        exterior grade 1/4", only 2/3rds of our B-grade 3/8" price

        Wonder if I should buy in Italy and import??? I've got to get started on
        the Shoebox...nah..

        Tim & FLying Tadpole