Re: Watercraft (esp. JWD)

  • Jack E. Bearden
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2001
      Greetings Bjorn. Greg discourages dittos on the list, so I'll make it a
      double ditto re. Peter's sentiment. Glad to see you back in the group. And
      ditto again re. my interest in your progress on JWD. At this point I
      anticipate getting underway with construction in the fall. I've cleared and
      leveled, with multiple loads of gravel, the location of the new shop, which
      will be this spring's project. It was going to be this winter's project, but
      it turns out we actually HAD a real winter for a change. So outdoor
      construction work has been out of the question. Been great for x-country
      skiiing though.

      A point of particualar interest to me is a ball park estimate of the the
      number of sheets of half inch plywood needed overall. the three quarter for
      the shoe is pretty easy to figure, but the rest sorta gets out of control.
      PCB never specifies and Bill Jochems didn't keep track. Maybe you haven't
      either, but a rough recollection would be helpful. A Halifax supplier will
      better than match the best deal I can come up with if I order all the
      plywood at once.

      Hope to hear of a spring launch for you. All the best.

      jeb, feeling increased longing every day when I reach the bottom of my
      driveway and look out at the rolling Bay of Fundy...from the shore.