There, but for fortune....

  • Orr, Jamie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 4:30 PM
      Hi

      Sorry, this is a non-Bolger posting, but it's a classic picture.

      I called the paper (Times Colonist), the poor guy was still stranded at 3:40
      pm PST today -- Friday. Hopefully tomorrow morning's tide will do the job
      -- it's supposed to go a bit higher than today's.

      Don't know how it happened, maybe the law of averages got him -- every
      1,241,589th boat through the passage hits that rock or something?

      <<High and Dry.jpg>>

      Jamie Orr
    • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 5:48 AM
        Jamie,
        Fantastic picture!Makes me very glad to own a shallow draft
        boat!!
        I am amazed at how well that boat appears to be just balanced
        there,like a model......yet she is all 60' feet of her sitting pretty
        as you please.Strange!
        Peter Lenihan

        --- In bolger@y..., "Orr, Jamie" <jorr@b...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Sorry, this is a non-Bolger posting, but it's a classic picture.
        >
        > I called the paper (Times Colonist), the poor guy was still stranded
        at 3:40
        > pm PST today -- Friday. Hopefully tomorrow morning's tide will do
        the job
        > -- it's supposed to go a bit higher than today's.
        >
        > Don't know how it happened, maybe the law of averages got him --
        every
        > 1,241,589th boat through the passage hits that rock or something?
        >
        > <<High and Dry.jpg>>
        >
        > Jamie Orr
      • Jim Chamberlin RCSIS
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 10:30 AM
          That is the strangest sharpie hull I have ever seen.

          Jim