Watercraft

  • bharbo@online.no
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      Fellow Bolger Boat Builders!
      Please check out the latest issue of Watercraft. Our Chebacco
      Commodore Bill Samson is featured with his beautiful non Bolger skin
      on frame Baidarka. A must see/read! Please post som pics, Bill!

      Bjorn in Oslo
      minus 12 deg Celcius this morning. The WDJ is patiently waiting under
      the tarp and the leafless maple tree for completion this summer...
    • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
        Hi Bjorn!
        Glad to hear you're still with us!Look forward to seeing some fine
        pictures of your WDJ under construction especially since we apparently
        have lost Bill Jochems after the Yahooooo switch over :-(
        This fascinating design needs more exposure and pictures of her
        under construction are just the ticket!Soon sailing shots? I am sure
        Jack Bearden would like to see some more too........
        So,the don of Chebaccos is also into skin boats?Neat!Gotta pick up
        a copy of Watercraft once I finish the latest Woodenboat........
        Hope spring comes early Bjorn and continued success with your WDJ!!
        Sincerely,
        Peter Lenihan,where it is presently(06:15) minus 18
        deg.Celcius(without the wind!) and summer seems but a memory,on the
        shore of the frozen St.Lawrence.........

        --- In bolger@y..., bharbo@o... wrote:
        > Fellow Bolger Boat Builders!
        > Please check out the latest issue of Watercraft. Our Chebacco
        > Commodore Bill Samson is featured with his beautiful non Bolger skin
        > on frame Baidarka. A must see/read! Please post som pics, Bill!
        >
        > Bjorn in Oslo
        > minus 12 deg Celcius this morning. The WDJ is patiently waiting
        under
        > the tarp and the leafless maple tree for completion this summer...
      • Samson Family
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
          Aw shucks, Bjorn. Thanks.

          Some pics at www.fortunecity.com/marina/pier/525/baidarka/Page.html which
          Chuck Merrell kindly set up for me.

          I'll eventually be putting up a website with construction details.

          Bill

        • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
            Some pictures of Bill and his skin boat can be found somewhere in Harvey
            Golden's skin boat pages:

            http://home.pacifier.com/~qayaq/

            Bill modestly kept quiet about his skin boat accomplishments when I saw him
            in Port Townsend last fall, trying to keep his straying from the strait and
            narrow a secret from us Bolger Boat buffs I guess...

            On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:05:59 -0000, Peter Lenihan wrote:
            > So,the don of Chebaccos is also into skin boats?Neat!Gotta pick up
            > a copy of Watercraft once I finish the latest Woodenboat........

            John <jkohnen@...>
            http://www.boat-links.com/
            There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.
            <Albert Schweitzer>