Re: Common Sense Boats Wendy

  • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
      Wendy,
      Thanks for posting those lovely pictures!Just what some of us need
      up here in the land of snow,ice and robinless naked trees.
      The MICRO should offer few surprises to you in the construction
      dept.and will quickly reward your efforts as it springs into the third
      dimension.
      Afterward,the MICRO will take you and yours safely into many little
      bays,coves and nooks previously unavailable to many of our long-legged
      sisters drawing more then 30"!
      Without meaning to pry,why the downsizing? I hope it is not due to
      a tragic loss of your beautiful ISLAND BESS and that she remains in
      good hands!!
      Do keep us posted and if the"Queen of the fleet"aka MICRO should
      cause some questions to arise during her
      construction(unlikely,considering your experience) do not hestitate to
      call on the group.Rumour has it that there are a few MICROLOGISTS
      lurking here and a few still who have been ravaged with"the
      fever"(MICRITES).They(we) will do their level best to ensure
      propagation of"the fever"! :-)
      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan,ravaged and still ranting relentlessly while perched on
      the balconey seeking robins,from the frozen shores of the
      St.Lawrence....

      --- In bolger@y..., wendy jones <mywendyau@y...> wrote:
      > I did contact CSB by email and received an immediate
      > and helpful response. From Jerry Estes.
      > The plans for the Micro arrived a little later. I am
      > one happy customer.
      > I am attaching/posting six pictures of a boat I built
      > over a seven year period starting in 1986 by way of
      > some sort of introduction.
      > She was named Island Bess and was a Lyle Hess 30'
      > cutter built strictly traditionally out of Australian
      > timber.
      > It was a hard task but was a great success. She proved
      > to be a wonderful sea boat and my heartfelt thanks go
      > to another brilliant American designer.
      > I will keep the group informed if I may about my
      > progress with the Micro.
      > Thank you for your help and comments "Re Common Sense
      > Boats".
      >
      > Regards.
      >
      > =====
      > love Wendy

    • Jim Chamberlin RCSIS
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
        Wendy,

        I, too am awed by the Island Bess. She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing
        those pictures. Have any more?

        Jim C.