MJ mainsheet

  • Seabird Aviation Australia Pty Ltd
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2001
      I am considering the addition of an awning /coach-house to my MJ for
      shade as well as a place to mount a solar panel. This will require the
      repositioning of the mainsheet attachment onto a traveler on the roof
      of the new structure - about 34 inches higher than drawn on the plans.
      My question is, to anyone who can understand force vectors, would the
      change in moment arms from the centre of gravity , centre of buoyancy,
      centre of drag etc ,etc, add to, decrease or not effect the stability
      of the boat? Disregarding the weight of the new structure.

      Regards

      Peter Adams
      PO Box 618
      Hervey Bay Queensland 4655