[bolger] Oldshoe builders

  • saaltone@csc.fi
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 1999
      I was going to put a message here inquiring about
      Oldshoe builders, when it occurred to me that someone
      might have already done so. kf4cal-@... had,
      but, unfortunately, my emails to him all bounce
      (550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND).

      I received the plans from CSB a week ago. Heretofore,
      I have mainly been converting the measurements to metric
      and trying to figure out where everything is supposed to
      go and what the sailing terms all mean (there are a lot
      of them, and I haven't really sailed, ever).

      If anyone else is building the Oldshoe, please? I have
      a LOT of questions...

      Cheers,
      Sakari Aaltonen
    • Michael Jennings
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 1999
        I also just received plans for Oldshoe and bought some wood to start the
        frames. I also have the plans for Micro and keep debating whether to go
        with the bigger boat instead. Feel free to send questions. I've also
        built a Windsprint, Tortoise and Nymph and am glad to answer any
        questions.

      • KF4call@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 1999
          Sakan,
          There about 7 of us in the Oldshoe Builders group. Will send
          information a little later this evening, as right now I am running out to do
          an errand. I am pleased to hera of your interest. Best regards, Warren
          KF4call@...
        • Michael Jennings
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 1999
            KF4call@... wrote:

            > Sakan,
            > There about 7 of us in the Oldshoe Builders group. Will send
            > information a little later this evening, as right now I am running out to do
            > an errand. I am pleased to hera of your interest. Best regards, Warren
            > KF4call@...

            Warren, please count me in as I have purchesed the plans and some of the
            initial plywood and fir for this project.

          • saaltone@csc.fi
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 1999
              tjfatche- wrote

              >Not building but sailing + photos on
              >thtp://www.ace.net.au/schooner/oldshoe.htm
              >and use Craig O'Donnells Bolger honour roll for those who have built at
              >http://wwww.friend.ly.net/~dadadata

              Yes, there is a picture of Heinrich Rose's Oldshoe - do you mean
              you are Heinrich Rose?

              I did send an email to John Harris from the Bolger honor roll.
              That was a week or more ago; haven't had a reply.

              Thank you,
              Sakari Aaltonen
            • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8 8:17 PM

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9 5:40 PM
                  BO>>Not building but sailing + photos on
                  BO>>thtp://www.ace.net.au/schooner/oldshoe.htm

                  BO>Yes, there is a picture of Heinrich Rose's Oldshoe - do you mean
                  BO>you are Heinrich Rose?

                  Sometimes I wish I was, but no...

                  Tim & Flying Tadpole