8649Re: [bolger] 12 volt power supply

  • Jim Goeckermann
    Dec 2, 2000
      I am sending this from a "12 volt power supply" - that is a battery bank
      that runs an inverter. In this case, the inverter is a large trace that
      makes a square wave. It works fine, and in fact powers our whole household
      including a computer based business that my wife runs. However, since your
      pc only needs 100 to 150 watts, a smaller inverter that makes a "sine wave"
      would be best. They are not too expensive. If your computer is a smaller
      laptop, one of the little convenience plug in inverters would work. i have
      one that I might be willing to ship you to try. Calling a local vendor tho
      sells photovoltaic pannels will get you going, but gather some prices as
      they vary greatly.
      Jim