8138Re: [bolger] Re: Computing Displacement

  • Jeff Gilbert
    Nov 2, 2000
      Petes right the Brick is an answer. Another might be a
      trad dory which with good freeboard can give real volume
      in a balanced hull buildable without plans. The process was
      described, complete with photo sequence, in Woodenboat
      Magazine about 1-2 years ago.
      Which I guess is a plan anyway!
      If you (or anyone) are
      interested in this approach contact me off list and I'll dig
      up the issue number (non-Bolger = off list)
      Also if the punts so narrow you may as well get a nice looking,
      faster punt with a sharp end ie a pirouge!
      Jeff Gilbert
      jgilbert@...
      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/designs.htm

      ----- Original Messages -----
      Subject: [bolger] Re: Computing Displacement

      1>>>> I like the simplicity of the Elegant Punt,
      but I need a larger boat.
      Given the very large number of designs out there for punts of
      different descriptions, why not keep looking. I built an Elegant
      Punt, and I was not especially pleased with it. It is very narrow and
      high-sided, compared with what I was used to in a yacht tender.
      If you need more capacity, have a look at the Brick.
      Peter
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic