71[bolger] Re: Idaho?

  • GHC
    Aug 2, 1999
      Don,

      I don't know, but I would have to guess that Tennessee is at LEAST 3/8",
      since the Sneakeasy is.

      I think the rocker aft for planing should be less than 2 degrees, according
      to Dave Gerr. On something as long as the Tennessee, even less might be
      better.

      But, I get only about 20 mph on 25 hp on the Sneakeasy and thought about
      this last weekend. I think it's all skin friction - if you put any weight
      at all up forward, it will slow down. I think it drops the bow and puts
      more "skin" in the water. The bottom itself is not really very smooth and
      slick - I really need to turn it over, and fair and paint with something
      hard and slick like epoxy.

      Point is, on these boats, I think a good bottom is important.

      Gregg

      At 03:23 PM 8/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
      >I'm not sure whats going on with the "Common Sense" outfit, but last time I
      >looked, there was some Idaho material at www.common-sense-boats.com .
      >www.common-sense-designs.com is closed.
      >
      >Don Hodges
      >Lynn Haven, FL
      >
      >(BTW, Gregg, I'm taking another look at Tennesee as a project - do you know
      >if the side planks are 3/8? I'm looking into MDO and it doesn't come any
      >thinner than 3/8 inch. Also, any thoughts on taking out the rocker aft and
      >going to about 25 hp for Tennessee for maybe 15-18 mph?)

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic