7063Re: [bolger] Re: Big (but not HUGE) Sharpie - ANTISPRAY 48

  • Mark Albanese
    Sep 1, 2000
      Thanks, John, for posting the body plan of your boat. That's
      a very interesting development in the growth of Bolger's work.

      I see now a distinction ought to be made between 'sponsons',
      a la Gloucester Yawl and ( here I'm guessing ) the revised
      Martha Jane and, on the other hand, the motorboat 'steps'.
      Though all have a dogleg in the body, the sponsons are up
      high, the steps, like yours, down low.

      The rest are in the Square Boat genre. Yours is also unique
      in that the main body has flare. Another theme exemplified
      in Antispray is the Bolger disregard for the classic
      aversion to windage!

      You haven't mentioned how far along you are in construction,
      but many here will be interested in how it all works out.

      Bon voyage,

      Mark