70327RE: [bolger] Dovekie

  • mason smith
    Jun 25, 2014

      Not like the looks of Dovekie? That would be the first requirement! Apart from that, you’d have to be more specific about your intended cruising waters. Dovekie is for shoal water cruising, generally in protected waters. It’s a boat but you must want it for what it does well, what it was designed to do, or it might not endear itself to you You must not mind crawling about on hands and knees. It’s a two person tent. But not like the looks? It’s irresistible, like Raymond Loewy’s Studebakers!

      From: bolger@yahoogroups.com [mailto:bolger@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:18 PM
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [bolger] Dovekie

      I have a line on a Dovekie here in Western Michigan. I am interested in it, but know little to nothing about Dovekies. I am not particularly enamored of the looks, but would it be a capable camp cruiser in my native waters of Lake Michigan and the waters of Lakes Huron and Superior in the Upper Peninsula? I'd like to hear from folks about the pros and cons of the boat, especially those who have had experience with them. Thanks,

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic