70318Re: [bolger] Posted from the correct e-mail address: A highly-placed perspective on LCU-F...

  • BruceHallman
    Jun 16, 2014
      Just in case everyone doesn't see the obvious here:

      The PB&F  LCU (F)  "Landing Craft Utility - Fast" (visualize a folding schooner on steroids) seems on the verge of becoming a reality in the USA military.  I can only guess at the numbers involved, but a fleet of these might amount to a Billion dollars of Bolger boats or more?

      In short, this LCU-F Bolger boat is poised to become the largest physical manifestation of the PB&F opus by at least an order of magnitude.

      On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM, philbolger@... [bolger] <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      ..by US Marine Corps Commandant General James Amos as expressed in just enough words, deeply integrated into the context of new USMC-doctrine ‘Expeditionary Force 21” and ‘the competition’.
      An odd sensation to know that a four-star knows our work, name, likely address...
      Here the fully accessible article: http://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2014-06/bridging-our-surface-connector-gap

      And here General Amos in early February on video, particularly between 12:20 and 19:45, making references to a folding connector type...:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWy1LIYyjQ

      What this may all come to mean is uncertain.
      For the time being certainly an intriguing situation.
      This may be the high point.  Or it may become more serious yet...

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      P.S.:  I should have used the philbolger@... address.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic