70197Wooden Boat Show at Astoria Regatta -- Aug. 9-10

  • John Kohnen
    Mar 29 1:11 PM
      Got a note from Columbia River Maritime Museum head Sam Johnson. He'd like
      to do a dry-land boat show at the Barbey Center at the Columbia River
      Maritime Museum during the Regatta this year:

      "I would like to ask you to help me set up a boat show here at the Museum
      for the 2014 Regatta. The Regatta goes from August 6 to the 10. I would
      like to have invite people with small trailered boats to bring them to the
      Museum on Sat August 9 and Sun August 10 for display around the Barbey
      Maritime Center. To encourage folks to come I will give out free passes
      to the Museum and, if anyone is interested, give a 10% discount to my
      bronze casting class that I will be teaching the same weekend in the
      Barbey Maritime Center. If anyone wants to pull their boat in the
      Saturday parade (a lot of fun) I am sure that too can be arranged."

      Call Sam if you're interested: 503-791-3693

      Peter Roscoe is the head of the Regatta: mailto:peter@...

      http://www.astoriaregatta.org

      The Astoria YC handles the sailboat racing and ducky derby:

      http://www.astoriayachtclub.com/

      The Museum:

      http://www.crmm.org/

      And the Barbey Center:

      http://www.crmm.org/barbey-maritime-center/

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      I always advise people never to give advice. (P.G. Wodehouse)