      People seem to have to fuss a bit to get one of Jim Michalak's popup types exactly right while coming off the plans, whatever its fine merits in use. Could be a little trickier in an improvised retrofit...

      The clip on and the single bolt through the side are simpler.

      Now what I'd like to see is a clip on device with a blade that raises.

      On Jan 16, 2014 6:04 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

      ...isn’t it a clip-on leeboard ?
      No-board broad-reaching on a deeper-Vee chine might be interesting - if you can keep her there..

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:59 PM
      Subject: RE: [bolger] Bolger Junebug

      Many / most of the Michalak boats have a simple and effective lee board setup. Check his designs, it'll give you a pretty good idea how to go about it.

      Dennis / Scram Pram

      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      From: bobnsandy9295@...
      Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:28:41 -0800
      Subject: [bolger] Bolger Junebug

      New to group but recently purchased a Junebug that was set up for rowing. I have added "skids" to bottom, resealed fore and aft bulkheads, and totally repainted. Boat is not fiberglassed; painted plywood only. I plan to use a 75 sg. ft. lateen sail from a Sunfish plus the foils from the same.

      Any suggestions for where I should step the mast? Some have told me the center of effort should be in front of  the leeboard but a Michalak essay states it should be aft of the centerboard in order to provide weather helm. Help! Also, any suggestions for installing a swing leeboard? Tampa bay is quite shallow!

      Thanks for any and all (reasonable) suggestions.

      BobfromSWOhio (and Tampa Bay in the winter)

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic