69968Jonesport Cleat

  • andrew_kieren
    Nov 17, 2013
      Bolger's drawings for Chebacco 20's include a beautiful Jonesport Cleat on the bow, but the Chebacco 25 drawing does not.

      I am inclined to include a Jonesport Cleat just because of the aesthetics (pretty sexy), but what about their function.

      Has anyone any experience with using a Jonesport cleat?  I am not entirely clear how it is intended to be used - is the rode taken from the bow fairlead, over the saddle and wrapped under the cleat before being belayed on the pins?

      Are they good, or should I just bolt on a less attractive SS cleat?

      Andrew
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic