69895Re: [bolger] RE: AS-29 for sale

  • Scot McPherson
    Oct 13, 2013
      How about a bucket off the stern? Wouldn't that give the "sea anchor" more leverage to keep the boat from swaying so much on the rode?

      Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
      Old Lyme, CT
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 13, 2013, at 3:33 PM, "John Kohnen" <jhkohnen@...> wrote:

      The bucket is full of water, because it's submerged, and it's slung from
      the rode near the bow of the boat. I suppose it could be slung right off
      the bow on a separate line. I think I picked up that tip from John
      Welsford on one of the groups he frequents. I haven't tried it out
      myself...

      On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 03:46:30 -0700, Mark A wrote:

      > I'm not a more expert sailor, but can say my Michalak Jewelbox Jr. with a
      > BW top rhythmically swings ever bit of 180 degrees.
      >
      > It was suggested to me that a full bucket slung from along the rode would
      > help.

      John (jkohnen@...)
      safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic