      From: "Mark Albanese" <marka97203@...>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:46:30 AM
      Subject: [bolger] RE: AS-29 for sale

      I'm not a more expert sailor, but can say my Michalak Jewelbox Jr. with a BW top rhythmically swings ever bit of 180 degrees.

      It was suggested to me that a full bucket slung from along the rode would help.

      Funny, when I mentioned the swing to another old salt, one who sails a Witholtz cat boat, he shrugged and said not to worry, they all do that.

      The big house is a good sized sail. Next time I'll simply try a second anchor over the stern.

      marka

      On Oct 12, 2013 5:12 PM, "Mason Smith" <goodboat@...> wrote:

      The question of boats “yawing” at anchor interests me if I understand what M. soubriquet means by yawing. My Birdwatchers would swing almost 180 degrees around their anchors or a drogue, reaching high sideways speeds in the middle of the swing. Birdwatcher would take the head off a swimmer who ventured into its arc. I came to think that the hull became a foil, and developed a high- and a low-pressure side, each way. If that is the physics of yawing or swinging to a mooring, the relief might come from thwarting air flow over one side: rigging a baffle or spoiler of some kind on one forequarter. What do more expert sailors think?