69874Re: [bolger] MASCF

  • Leigh
    Oct 6, 2013
      There will be next year. I'm refitting Pelican. ( Martha Jane). We plan on doing a lot of sailing in her next year. If any one knows anything about her history ,please contact me.

      Leigh Ross

      484 464 1575 C
      610  624 1730 H

      On Oct 6, 2013, at 9:40, Cod <dadadata@...> wrote:

      Far as I could determine there were no Bolger plywood designs at the weekend's mid-Atlantic Small Craft Fest. Some could have been too far out in the Miles River to see.

      Bill Parkes brought his Dovekie, however, always nice to see one. There was a "sharpie schooner" which certainly showed PCB influence though I couldn't identify the plan specifically.

      I plead guilty to neglecting to bring my Birdwatcher, but I plead a medical excuse. Box Turtle will be in the water at the Downrigging Festival in Chestertown MD first weekend November. Just google sultana Downrigging festival.

      But in terms of DIY small boating, this was one of the best yet. The day was almost too warm, unusual for MASCF. Paddle, row and sail of all types, several electric launches, and a couple of skiffs obviously built as floating displays for vintage motors. There was enough wind for almost everyone to sail, except maybe the replica John Smith shallop, which is one heavy momma. There were people in Old Town plastic canoes and people in boats built to cabinetmaker standards. Great to see.

      Speaking of influence, Jim Michalak boats didn't seem to be represented either, and I saw no Gavin Atkin meeseboats.

      And several John Harris designs hinted at his long interest in Phil's ideas.

      Whack-boing! It's dub!
      www.thecheappages.com

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic