69812Re: [bolger] Paint, Glass or Dynel for my cockpit

  • Leigh
    Sep 3, 2013
      Deck paint,I use www. ipaint.us. They have a nice range of BlueWater Marine paint. I use the single part polyurethane with their non skid additive. It's a good price and works well, just the rot amount of stick without being harsh on the feet.

      Leigh Ross

      484 464 1575 C
      610  624 1730 H

      On Sep 3, 2013, at 9:52, <a.c.l.yen@...> wrote:

      I am thinking about what to coat the cockpit plywood with in my Chebacco 25 build. (that indicates that I am getting closer to finished - the cockpit is almost finished and the cabin structure is being built ).

      From what I have read and experienced with other boats, I should be glassing the foredeck to protect from checking and damage .  I might use Dynel as an alternative as it did pretty well on the bottom of my Cartopper.

      But if the foredeck needs protecting then surely the cockpit will need similar.

      What advice/experience is there for how much coating is enough.  Epoxy+paint? Epoxy+glass+paint?, what paint?.  The boat will basically be a trailer sailer so should have a cover on it most of the time - but "should" doesn't mean that it won't blow off.

      Andrew

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic