69807Re: [bolger] Re: Best way to trim excess lead when making a weighted rudder or keel

  • Chief Redelk
    Aug 31 6:50 PM
      IF there is some big parts of excess it's faster to use a SHARP wood
      chisel.. The one I have works but the soft ones may not. Good luck,,
      Chief.

      On 8/31/13, Mason Smith <goodboat@...> wrote:
      > For my Micro keel the lead needed to be 1.5" thick. I bought it in ingots
      > of
      > that thickness, and close to the maximum USPS weight, which makes it cheap
      > to mail. The ingots were uneven in thickness. I ran them through a portable
      > planer.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic