69741Re: [bolger] #501

  • tompee77
    Aug 6, 2013
      what boat is 501?

      From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

      BruceHallman <hallman@...> wrote:

      That is a big boat, 250-300 sheets of 1/2 plywood is my guess.  A fast, rough build probably could be estimated to take about 10 manhours per sheet.  So, 3,000 manhours is the fast estimate, and $50K would be the cheap end.  If you get into gold plating, or navel gazing those numbers could go up to infinity.

      To make your own estimate I strongly suggest building a 1 inch to the foot scale model using cardboard.  Then keep notes of all the pieces and steps.

      On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Darrell <dario2rnr@...> wrote:

      Thanks a ton for all the 3-d drawings of #501! Question: roughly how much lumber, and what dimensions, will be needed, and what's the estimated total cost? Just ballpark numbers....

      Thanks
      Darrell Turner

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic