69726Re: Fast Motorsailor
- Jul 19, 2013You could do worse,I'm certain Phil took great pleasure in this design. For those who haven't a copy of BWAOM, here's how he concludes."It's my belief that there never has before existed such a combination of sailing performance, power performance, usable space, lightness and compactness, and low cost."The top of the motor board looks to be just under two feet above the bottom. Doesn't that imply a long shaft?MarkOn Jul 18, 2013, at 9:46 AM, David wrote:
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. The model tempts me more and more. It's almost worth building just to get high resolution pictures...
I can understand that few have been built and that resale value would be low. However, as with Oldshoe, I am attracted by the fact it:
- will perform astonishingly well
- can be built at low cost
- can be built in short stints
- will bother most conventional boating people
I fear I am hooked...
BTW: Can anyone please confirm whether the design uses a long or short shaft motor.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>