69489Re: 1/4 " solid hardwood ply

  • loosemoosefilmworks
    Apr 26, 2013
      Well color me interested...

      But in 4 x 8 sheets it's still going to be glued together and, I expect, unless those glue lines are purple it's not going to be too awfully boat friendly.

      But my big question is WHAT SORT OF HARDWOOD? Hardwood
      is such a big umbrella it includes everything from balsa to ironwood so a little more info is needful.

      Bob
      http://boatbits.blogspot.com/
      http://fishingundersail.blogspot.com/
      http://islandgourmand.blogspot.com/

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "chadnn" <chadnn@...> wrote:

      > OK, its not ply, its solid hardwood 1/4" 4'x8'. So has anyone used it?
      >
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Stromski <j.stromski@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Then its not plywood, its just "wood". You may want to clarify what you're
      > > looking at, cuz the chance of seeing a sheet of solid wood that's 4x8 are about
      > > zero. My guess is that its some sort of plywood, and it does indeed have glue.
      > > Best,
      > > Joe

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic