69486Re: Plan search garvey by Bolger

  • prairiedog2332
    Apr 26, 2013
      Is "#391= $75" actually for #341 Fiddle II and is that the correct price?

      If so I am seriously looking at obtaining the plans, after reading the write up in "30 Odd Boats".  Thinking of 2 layers of 3/8" MDO on the bottom rather than strip planking it. Maybe a wider shoe like Clam Skiff, open slot top forward of helm location and using only a 5 HP Honda 4-stroke. Pottering around and maybe dropping a line on lakes adjacent to established campgrounds and sleeping overnight in it on the trailer at a campground even if no lake.

      Very streamlined for towing on a flat-bed utility trailer and a great view from the bedroom:-)

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      > Good question.
      > Here are two more options
      > Design #632 WaterVan (22’x8’) without much of the house plus adding a hinged ramp at sheer-level would work, but likely be too big still.
      > Design #341 Fiddler II (early ‘square’ plan-view like #632 but at 15’10” x 6’8”) should do, again without the house and with that hinged ramp at sheer level and would fit on the trailer inside any garage.
      > Light she’d plane with say 30HP and chug along with a good cargo-load.
      >
      > #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
      > #391 = $75.- to same terms.
      >
      > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic