      Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:46 PM
      Subject: RE: [bolger] Plan search garvey by Bolger

      There was one such boat in PB&F’s space in Messing About in Boats a couple of years ago, probably not practical for you but with an opening bow. It was a brilliant concept of a boat to be made out of local replaceable materials in a village on a river in Central America running to the Gulf, and the idea was for a village upstream to harvest one mahogany tree and load it through that bow onto this long narrow crossplanked boat and get it to the sea or even around the Gulf and up the East Coast to market, returning with enough cash to run a medical clinic in the Village for a year. Boat could carry a cow, a grandma, whatever, serve all sorts of purposes. I always thought it a shame that the people who asked for some Bolger thinking in that area thought they knew better, and it wasn’t tried.