69353Re: [bolger] paul fisher's loose moose 11 and phil bolger's loose moose 11

  • Douglas Pollard
    Feb 12, 2013
      AS far as I know Loose Moose is an extended Jessie Cooper which originally was a bolger design.  They changed her some with Schooner rig lee-boards and likely some other changes.  I would guess that neither would have been Mr. Bolgers preferd set up.  Maybe someone else designed those features????               Doug

      On 02/12/2013 06:33 PM, Dan Burrill wrote:

      I don't know for definite, but my guess would be that both designers were asked to design a boat to the same specification, and the Wise's built the one they preferred.

      On 12/02/2013 23:24, Jim wrote:

      Does anyone know why two designers both claim to have designed the boat? I seems, from published pictures, that the design the Wise's built was the Bolger design.

      --
                       Doug Pollard,
            Sailor, Machinst, writer,artist

           http://sailboatsfairandfine.blogspot.com/