69336Re: Seaworthyness and stability Long Micro?

  • dnjost
    Feb 9, 2013
      Sail was on sail track, not laced on. I had a ss hook tied to a piece of line and down to a block on the deck, then run aft to a small cleat on the aft edge of the deck near the cabin hatch. toughest part is unattaching and reattaching the sprit to the new location.

      It has been a long time, but I think this is what I did.
      Step 1. trim the mizzen in all the way
      Step 2. ease the main sheet
      step 3. ease the snotter
      step 4. undo the halyard.
      Step 5. pull on the reefing line and cleat
      step 6. move the sprit to it's new clew on the reef line (this is the hardest part)
      step 7. raise the halyard
      step 8. trim the snotter
      step 9. smile incessently and go sailing.

      It probably took longer to type this than do it. all told about 2 minutes.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Pat wrote:

      > Hi Myles
      >
      > Thanks for sharing your procedure for reefing but could you elaborate on
      > the reefing hook arrangement. When you say "My sail was on a track with a
      > reefing hook attached...". Do you mean you have a line to the reefing hook
      > from the cock pit?
      >
      > I was just doing a bit of research on the advantages of a wishbone boom
      > similar to the Canadian Nonesuch design. A bit more complicated in
      > construction and rigging but the lazy jack seems to solve the reefing
      > problems.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Pat
      >
      > vid of Nonesuch reefing sytem